Monday, May 7, 2012

The Sweet Life: What is on the Menu?

What a fun weekend we had around here...so fun I didn't get the Thursday & Friday blog posts up for you guys. No fear, I will post one of them this week and one next week.

All of our fun this weekend was centered around a great friend of mine, Missy, coming into town for an Atlanta girls' weekend. My father-in-law shared the Braves' tickets for Thursday's game. It was Missy's first professional baseball game. Not bad sitting 6 rows up for your first game. 

Friday we had pedicures and then a girly lunch at The Patio followed by dinner at Greenwoods on Green Street that evening. Saturday was shopping til we dropped at Ikea and H&M in Atlantic Station. We returned home and grilled out steaks with the family. Missy and I met 10 years ago at our college summer orientation. Although we both changed schools during our college careers, we have maintained an incredible friendship.

This week, I have some exciting embroidery projects happening on my machine. I hope to post pictures as soon, but until then, enjoy Mark's new saddle pad I monogrammed before his season opening polo match.

This week, I am back to work at the hospital. It just so coincides with National Nurse's Week (or Patient Care Week as we say to be politically correct at my hospital). Here are a few of my favorite Nurse's Week quotes from Someecards.com.



(I think all my friends can relate to the one above).


Monday: Grilled Sausage, Corn Pudding and Green Beans
Tuesday (Work Night): Leftovers
Wednesday: Chicken Marsala Casserole and Tossed Salad
Thursday: Creamy Beef Tips served over Egg Noodles with Roasted Broccoli
Friday: Out to Eat for a Family Night (aka Belle filled up her sticker chart so she picks)
Saturday (Work Night): Pizza, Salad, and Fruit
Sunday: Leftovers

Monday: Weekly Menu
Tuesday: Deep South Eats: Crunchy Beef Casserole
Wednesday: Deep South Words to Live By: May
Thursday: Deep South Eats: Baked Pineapple
Friday: Mother's Day Gift Ideas

What are you guys up to this week?

I want to hear from YOU! What recipes, tutorials or projects would you like to see next week?

Ever have questions or want to request a recipe or tutorial, comment or email me at deepsouthsweets@gmail.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!

blog signature - 4/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment