There is something about comfort food that warms the soul from the inside out. Comfort food can quickly make the worst day better and turn our frowns upside down. This recipe for Crunchy Beef Casserole is no exception when it comes to satisfying comfort food. It is hearty and filling, and maintains a well balance of flavor. Serve it alongside a tossed salad and some fresh fruit for a well balanced meal. Sit around the table as a family and enjoy a down home comfort meal!
- 2 cups corkscrew macaroni (usually found under the name rotini)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper (optional if your kids are picky eaters but it does add great flavor)
- 1 can french-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit and grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Boil the macaroni as directed on the package, drain.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain the fat.
- Combine cooked macaroni, cooked beef, mushroom soup, cheddar cheese, seasoning salt, diced tomatoes, and chopped bell pepper and stir well.
- Pour into casserole dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and top with french-fried onions, and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Original Recipe from Southern Plate.
Ever have cooking questions or want to request a recipe, comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!