Thursday, May 24, 2012

Deep South Sweets: Quick and Easy Sea Salt and Caramel Sundae



This is one of those things I really debated on whether or not to share. I wanted to share it with you guys because it was oh so good and so easy, but in reality this is not a recipe. It is simply a conglomeration of things found around the house. I feel like I always have extra vanilla ice cream sitting in the freezer taking up precious space. We buy it for when we are having guests and serving cobbler or brownies, but it is only half eaten when the guests leave. Then it is a "what to do, what to do" situation. If I am going to use up some calories eating ice cream, you better believe I am not wasting them on plain vanilla.


I have a pure love of all things sea salt and caramel. Sweet and salty describes me through and through from food preferences to personality. Out of pure necessity, I decided to try a little bowl of vanilla ice cream topped with caramel sauce and a light sea salt sprinkling. Divine I tell you, divine. I have since shared my special sundae with friends who agree it is surprisingly simple and satisfying.




Ingredients:

  • Vanilla Ice Cream (Blue Bell of course)
  • Caramel Sauce (homemade or good old Smuckers)
  • Sea Salt
Directions:
  • Scoop vanilla ice cream into bowl. 
  • Heat caramel sauce and pour desired amount over ice cream.
  • Sprinkle generously with sea salt.
  • Enjoy!
So simple I am a little embarrassed!


Ever have cooking questions or want to request a recipe, comment or email me at deepsouthsweets@gmail.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest 

blog signature - 4/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment