Thursday, May 10, 2012

Deep South Eats: Baked Pineapple

What is it about the food we ate growing up that we can not get enough of? I always wonder if it is the memories that accompany or it really is that good! This is one of those foods that we ate often growing up and was occasionally met with strange reactions from dinner guests. They were always pleasantly surprised with how fantastic the Baked Pineapple was. The fruit just melts in your mouth and is perfectly sweet without being overly sweet. Honestly...I think it is just a great excuse to have dessert as a part of your dinner. Baked Pineapple is wonderful served alongside a marinated and grilled meat like Island Chicken and fresh veggies. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did growing up and still do with my family.

Ingredients:

  • 3 Tablespoons butter
  • 1 can sliced pineapple (feel free to use other canned fruits such as peaches or apricots)
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
  • Drain canned fruit of juices and place fruit in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
  • Melt butter and pour over the top of the fruit.
  • Sprinkle brown sugar over the top of the fruit.
  • Bake for 1 hour until golden.
Original Recipe from my Mom.

Ever have cooking questions or want to request a recipe, comment or email me at deepsouthsweets@gmail.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest 

blog signature - 4/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment