Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Sweet Life: Bloom Book Club: You're Already Amazing Chapter Five


Chapter Five of You're Already Amazing was a beautiful discussion of where God is taking us.
It contrasted God taking us to a time of being "encamped" and in wait verses God calling us to set out.
I took to heart her thoughts on our desire plan our own journey and how often we compare our journey with others.

"God has a journey for your life. It looks different than anyone else's. The road He has carved out for you is yours alone. It's always the road less traveled because you're the only one who is ever going to walk it. Oh sure, He'll give you wonderful traveling companions to go with you. But don't let that fool you: that doesn't mean their paths are the same as yours - just that they're parallel for a time."

I resonated most with the talk of encampment and the "why" of being in a time of wait.

Has God brought me into a time of wait because of:

Weariness

"Making progress in life is hard work. When we insist on moving forward as quickly as possible, we can wear ourselves out in a hurry. Sometimes when God makes us wait, it's one of the most merciful things he can do. It doesn't inherently mean we have done something wrong. In fact, it can indicate just the opposite - that we're right between some really big things God has for our lives and we need to rest up."

"Our heavenly Father, in his infinite tenderness, know that sometimes [waiting] is exactly what we need most"

A Need for Healing

"If He will was our feet, will He not wash our wounds? I have a choice: Drop my guard or guard my hurts. I will choose the first."

"We want to move forward in our lives. We want to keep saying 'I'm fine' and pressing ahead as if that's really true...in his infinite love for us, sometimes slows us down for a season so that he can heal our hearts."

Preparation

"God's plans for our lives take preparation....sometimes God asks us to 'encamp' so that He can do the necessary work in our lives for His purposes."

The Timing is Not Right

"You may be 'encamped' in a way you don't understand either. God offers this hope: 'He who began a good work in you will carry you onto completion until the day of Christ Jesus' (Phil 1:6). In other words, whatever journey God begins in your life and heart, He promises to finish....in HIS perfect timing."


All quotes from: You're Already Amazing by Holley Gerth.

What has been your favorite part of the book so far (even if you are actually on track with the reading schedule)?

Ever have questions or want to request a recipe or tutorial, comment or email me at deepsouthsweets@gmail.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!


blog signature - 4/2011

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED LOVED this book and I have learned SO much about myself and what God's expectations are of me.
    I am already amazing and I can be a light for others in my own God giving talents. THANK YOU HOLLEY for knowing my heart so well and using your special gift from God to change my life.

    ReplyDelete