I had the pleasure of providing the treats for B's class Valentine soiree.
Mostly because no one else was signing up!
They don't do a big party because next week we have her Sweetheart's Tea for the class mothers.
B is at the age where I really try and let her give input.
She has an opinion and this is her class at school and not mine!
I want her to be proud of whatever we bring in to share with her friends.
But I digress...
After being given many different possibilities for treats we could create,
She had her heart set on brownies...a girl after my own heart.
Together we made the house standard fudge brownie and cut them out in hearts.
We decided we needed some more Valentine's color to add to our tray of treats.
Thanks to Pinterest and a strawberry cake mix in the pantry, we were excited to create these jewels!
Delicious...absolutely delicious I tell you.Ingredients:
- 1 strawberry boxed cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Non stick spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare a 9x13 baking pan by lining with Parchment paper or foil and spray lightly with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine dry strawberry cake mix, eggs, oil, and water. Stir until well combined and no visible lumps of cake mix. The batter will be VERY thick.
- Press into pan and use a spatula to distribute evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 inches from the side comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and pull the parchment paper out of the pan. Use a cookie cutter or knife to cut into desired shape.
Optional Glaze: 1 cup of confectioner's sugar and 2 to 3 Tablespoons of warm milk combined. Pour over warm out of the oven brownies. (We avoided the glaze because I thought the teachers would appreciate less sugar in the 5 year old children)
Original Pinterest pin.
Ever have questions or want to request a recipe or tutorial, comment or email me at email@example.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!