- One head iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Balsamic vinaigrette dressing, preferably lite or low-fat (I have never made my own because I love the Newman's Own Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette)
- Wash and dry your head of iceberg lettuce very well. Remove the bruised outer leaves and core the head of lettuce. Slice into 4 wedges (I will often stretch it to 5 wedges if I want a smaller salad).
- Place each wedge of iceberg on a plate and top with chopped strawberries, toasted pecans, and sliced green onions.
- Drizzle balsamic dressing over the top and serve immediately.
Don't forget to check out this morning's post of my Favorite Applique Sites (I am hoping to start a small business soon!)
Ever have cooking questions or want to request a recipe, comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!