When it comes down to it I really do not despise cleaning all that much. I just have a few requirements for bridging the gap to enjoyment.
1. I must have a caddy on each floor of the house filled with all my favorite cleaning products. Since you all shared yours with me I am going to share a top ten list of my favorite cleaning products in no particular order.
#5 (hey I told you no order) Method Tub and Tile Scrub. Simply amazing are the only words that come out of my mouth after I use this product. It is great for getting the grime out of a bathtub or even making that stainless sink really shine. It smells wonderful and it isn't harsh on your hands - win!
#8 Weiman Stainless Steel Wipes and Spray. I definitely prefer the wipes over the spray for convenience and longevity, but they both do amazing things with pesky stainless steel appliances. I can usually stretch one wipe for two appliances (stove and dishwasher/microwave and fridge). If you live near a Publix they go on great sales for BOGO.
#4 Method Wood for Good. Best dusting product out there and smells like almond oil. Your house smells so fresh and not overly scented.
#10 Weiman Granite Cleaner. I have under my sink three other granite products I have tried and they just don't make the cut. This also goes on sale at Publix BOGO and I stock up. Spray all the surfaces and then wipe down really well and they are left streak free. Trouble spot? Just spray a little right on the spot and let it soak for a few mins and it will wipe right up.
#3 Colored sponges. I know this sounds so simple but since all my products are in a little caddy the colors help me differentiate and keep things sanitary. Blue for toilets you know and other colors for counters, sinks and tubs.
#7 Swiffer Dusters. These are great for baseboards (really any wood work), lamp shades, tvs/electronics, etc. There are always coupons and you can use one many, many times (that is if you have cleaned your house recently - if it has been five years you will probably go through a box per room).
#1 Tilex Mold and Mildew. Gives you that nice bleachy smell (which is totally warranted from time to time). Great for showers to prevent mold and mildew and clean up any little spots that creep up on you unexpectedly.
#9 A toilet brush for every bathroom. Who wants to cart a toilet brush all over the house...not this girl! You can get these guys for so cheap and instead of buying them all at once, you can just pick up one from on different grocery trips and add to your collection.
#2 Clorox Wipes - I keep these under all our sinks like most of you and in accordance with the binder wipe them out at the end of the day when they get a little toothpaste grunge going on.
#6 The Original Swiffer. Whip it out and sweep the kitchen at the end of the day or if your kiddo spills a bowl a cheerios. Simple. Easy. Functional!
Still in search of a really good hardwood floor cleaner. I have a love hate relationship with most of the ones in my life. If you are in love with yours please let me know!
2. I always have to have music while I clean. It makes it so much more fun and enjoyable when you are dancing and singing all the grime away. Anything from Taylor Swift to Eminem to OAR it all works for me.
That leads to your entry opportunity -
- Tell me one song that is a must have while cleaning. If you enjoy peace and quiet just say your favorite song for the car.
- Refer a friend to comment and you get an entry.
- Post on your blog about the contest to link back here and you get a third entry.
- Facebook about it and you get a fourth entry - just comment here that you facebooked Deep South Sweets
with Belles and Beauxs