- 1 can whole green beans (we also sub in french-style green beans from time to time)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Heat beans in their juice in small saucepan over medium heat.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter or margarine. Cook the almonds slowly until browned. Remove from heat.
- Add salt and lemon juice to almond mixture.
- Drain beans and place in a serving dish.
- Pour almond mixture over beans and serve hot.
Original Recipe from My Family's Cookbook.
Please Note: Picture above shows two recipes worth.
This would be wonderful served with Melt-in-your-Mouth Chicken!
Ever have cooking questions or want to request a recipe, comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!