Monday, March 26, 2012

The Sweet Life: What's on the Menu?


Monday: Leftovers (Clean out the fridge night)
Tuesday: Sweet and Savory Flank Steak (didn't get to make it this weekend), Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
Wednesday: Homemade Pizza with Chopped Salad
Taking dinner to my cousin this night who had a new baby and between my mom and I they will be enjoying Chicken Teriyaki, Rice Casserole, Green Bean Bundles and Fresh Fruit
Thursday: Breakfast for Dinner
Friday: On the Road to the Beach
Saturday: Beach
Sunday: Beach


Monday: Weekly Menu
Tuesday: One Dish Chicken
Wednesday: Spring Break Fun Pins
Thursday: Crock Pot Bacon Potatoes
Friday: Bloom Book Club: You're Already Amazing

Random Musings...

- I finished sewing this Easter Outfit for Belle Friday. Unfortunately, being the first time I made ruffle pants, they turned out a little short. When life gives you short pants...just pretend you meant to make culottes!
-Mark and I somehow got roped into going to the Moody Blues concert at the Fox Saturday night with his family. It was high entertainment to watch people our parent's age rocking out in suits and ties. Let's just say there were some pretty serious fans. Made me wonder if Belle will think our music is weird when she is older. Must be the reason I blasted the 90's on Pandora while cleaning yesterday.

-Thankfully we got to try a fun restaurant we have never been to before...Ecco. The atmosphere was awesome and the service impeccable. I thoroughly enjoyed my Chili Braised Pork with Garlic and Pappardelle. I wish we had time to enjoy dessert because the options looked fantastic. Instead, Mark and I opted to make the four block walk through midtown to the Fox. The weather was perfect and breezy.

-After a patio lunch at Cinco, dinner at Ecco, and Sunday lunch at PF Changs, we may have been going for an international (American-international) weekend of meals.

-My sweet girl had picture day today at school. She told me exactly how she wanted her hair and what she wanted to wear. That girl cracks me up. The other night before bed, I was whispering some of these precious words from You're Already Amazing to her, and she looked up at me and whispered in my ear "mommy you are amazing to me and I am so glad God chose you for me". Melt my heart! (of course as soon as I have bragged on my child I pick her up from school only to find out she bit a child today...time for a little "come to Jesus meeting" in our house - humbling you know).


-Any women looking for a phenomenal bible study in the North Atlanta area, the Community Bible Study I attend is having open house this Wednesday, the 28th at 9:45. This will be a time to sign up for the fall. While there will not be childcare for open house, the bible study has an amazing bible program for children that you can sign your kids up to attend. Please comment or email me if interested! Even if you can't attend, I will get you a registration form. We are studying Ephesians and Mark next year.

What went on in your weekend?

I want to hear from YOU! What recipes, tutorials or projects would you like to see  next week?

Ever have questions or want to request a recipe or tutorial, comment or email me at deepsouthsweets@gmail.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!


blog signature - 4/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment