Is there anything quite as satisfying as throwing everything together in one dish, tossing it in the oven, pulling it out an hour later, and having a complete meal ready to put on the table? On busy weekdays, quick and easy is the capstone to making the day complete. It provides me that extra hour of time playing outside with my sweet girl and cherishing those extra minutes of daylight.
Often flavor is thrown to the wayside in the land of quick and easy or things are drowned in a cream of something. This is packed full of savory, but does not overpower the simplicity of the ingredients. While this doesn't top the list of health foods, it is quick, elegant, and flavorful. Slice some fresh fruit to eat on the side and I promise your satisfaction.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 2 large baking potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 package of steam in the bag fresh green beans or 2 cans of french style green beans, drained
- 1 package of Good Seasons dry herb and garlic dressing mix
- 4 Tablespoons of butter, melted
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Seasonings of choice (Black Pepper and Tony Cachere's Cajun were my seasonings of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken tenderloins down the center of a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Place green beans along one long side of the casserole dish and sliced potatoes down the other.
- Season chicken and vegetables using seasonings of choice.
- Combine melted butter and dressing mix, and pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 180 degrees.
Original recipe from Annalee at Out on a Whim.
Ever have cooking questions or want to request a recipe, comment or email me at email@example.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!