- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 can french onion soup
- 1 can beef consomme
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (I prefer the low sodium, low fat since there is plenty of salt from the other two soups)
- 1 can of water
- 1 small can of sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cups of long grain rice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix soups with melted butter and add water.
- Stir in mushrooms and rice.
- Pour in 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Bake for 1 hour.
This is great with almost anything. Honey glazed ham on a Sunday - yes. Grilled chicken on a Thursday - yes. Chili on a Wednesday - probably not. Steak on a Friday - yes. If necessary, it tastes just fine without the sliced mushrooms (I have some friends who are not huge fans of the little boogers).
Recipe adapted from Crazy Cravings.