- 2 cans (14-ounces each) baked beans, drained (for testing purposes I used Bush's Original Recipe)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon dry minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup sweet, thick barbecue sauce
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled, reserve the bacon fat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together including bacon fat (this is the only time I will allow you to do this). Make sure your beans are drained as the first time I made this I didn't realize I needed to drain and had some awfully runny beans.
- Pour bean mixture into a 2-quart, casserole dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
Original recipe from Confessions of a Kitchen Diva.
Grill them alongside some BBQ Bacon Sliders and don't forget to check out the Backyard Barbecue Finds!
Ever have cooking questions or want to request a recipe, comment or email me at email@example.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!