Thursday, February 9, 2012

Deep South Eats: Toffee Apple Dip

I promise that my Living Room post is coming this afternoon/evening. Just waiting on some paint to dry on some furniture (I don't chance the 24 hour cure time). In the meantime, enjoy my favorite fruit dip to ever exist. This Toffee Apple Dip is another dip that is most likely to be caught at any party within my circle of friends. It is amazingly delicious and days later is still just as tasty. In the words of my 4 year old, Belle, "I could eat this forever". If that is not proof enough to want to run to the store and make this....well then your loss!


Ingredients:
  • 2 (8 ounce) blocks cream cheese, softened to room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 package Heath toffee bits (these are found on the baking aisle...make sure to get the ones that are just toffee and not toffee and chocolate)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • Lots of sliced apples (the pre-sliced apples are on sale at Publix right now BOGO)
Directions:
  • Blend in a mixer until creamy. Once you think it is creamy enough, blend just a little longer...you really want this extra creamy.
  • Refrigerate until ready to serve and serve with sliced apples.
  • Recipe may be halved.
Original Source: Stephanie V and Erin R. (I guess this is sort of passing on friends' recipes week).

Ever have cooking questions or want to request a recipe, comment or email me at deepsouthsweets@gmail.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!


blog signature - 4/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment