The best part of this recipe is the simplicity...4 ingredients! It can be made ahead of time, or within one hour of serving which gives flexibility of preparation. I loved the creamy coolness of the pudding with the dense chocolate cake. The end result is a decent amount of dessert, making a perfect dessert for company or large groups.
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix (and ingredients per box instructions)
- 2 (4 ounce) boxes of instant Oreo pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk (2% or higher)
- Oreo crumbs or individual cookies
- Prepare cake according to package instructions and bake in a well-greased 9x13 pan.
- Towards the end of the cake's cooking time, prepare pudding. Whisk 4 cups of cold milk into the 2 boxes of instant Oreo pudding mix until all lumps have disappeared. Allow pudding to set for 2 minutes.
- Once cake is finished, while still warm, poke holes all over cake using a straw or skewer.
- Pour pudding mixture over warm cake.
- Allow cake to cool on the counter for several minutes. Cover in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to set for at least an hour.
- When ready to serve top with crushed Oreo crumbs or top individual slices with an Oreo cookie.
Original recipe from The Country Cook.
Ever have cooking questions or want to request a recipe, comment or email me at email@example.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!