One of my favorite things is that there are so many ways you can change this up...balsamic vinegar, different herbs and spices, nuts, etc.
- 1 pound of fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 lemon, seeds discarded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a jelly roll pan or rimmed cookie sheet with foil and place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss green beans, oil, salt and pepper together until beans are well coated.
- Lay green beans on pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Upon removing from oven, squeeze lemon juice on top of green beans.
I love these served with toasted walnuts, pecans or almonds. They are even delicious with a little fresh lemon rind or drizzled with balsamic vinegar instead of lemon juice.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light.