Monday, April 30, 2012

The Sweet Life: What's on the Menu?

Did you all have a good weekend?

We had a fantastic weekend! It got kicked off on Friday when they let me know that I was almost ready to be released from physical therapy. I get to cut down to one day a week which will free up a ton of time for me.

Friday afternoon, we drove to Birmingham to stay at the Ross Bridge Resort. I was born in Birmingham, and I lived there until I was 4. I have been back many times since then, but it has been a good chunk of time since my last visit. Mark, my husband, went to Samford for a few years. We had fun driving Belle down memory lane by Mark's old frat house, my grandparents house, and all the old sights! I have to say the hotel was nice and I loved the area, but when travelling with a 4 year old, a hotel is a hotel. Belle and Mark did have a blast playing at their fantastic pool while I attended...

The Everything Applique Conference. Silly as it sounds it was an exciting day of learning more about embroidery and appliqueing. I am really hoping to start a small business soon, so the conference gave me a good bit of confidence in jump starting my goal.

The only sad part of the trip was that we didn't get to stop in my favorite bakery, Savages. This little gem is found in Homewood and I think they have the world's best petit fours.


I also tried Coconut Mocha coffee this weekend for my Keurig. I feel as though my life changed for the better. Pair it with a splash of almond joy creamer and you get a sip of heaven each morning. I bought one of those 3 K-cup sample packs and may or may not have gone back to buy 2 big boxes (with my Bed Bath coupon of course).

I am looking forward to a great week with Belle's field day at preschool in the morning and then my best friend from college coming in town for the end of the week. It is going to be a great but busy week!


Monday: Panera's Recipe for Mac and Cheese and Tossed Salad
Tuesday: Honey Garlic Pork Chops, Baked Potatoes and Green Beans with Almonds
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Mongolian Beef with Steamed Rice and Sweet 
Friday: Taking my friend out to eat
Saturday: Grilled Teriyaki Chicken, Rice Casserole, and Grilled Green Beans
Sunday: First Polo Match of the Season for Mark!!! - leftovers

Monday: Weekly Menu
Tuesday: Deep South Eats: Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
Wednesday: You're Already Amazing Chapter Three
Thursday: Deep South Eats: Crunchy Beef Casserole
Friday: Deep South DIY: Favorite Applique Stores

I want to hear from YOU! What recipes, tutorials or projects would you like to see  next week?

Ever have questions or want to request a recipe or tutorial, comment or email me at deepsouthsweets@gmail.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!


blog signature - 4/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment