Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Sweet Life: Spring Break Recap

We have a long-standing (you know all 4 years) tradition of spending Easter in our favorite place on Earth.
Easter often coincides with "spring break" so we packed up and headed to the beach house on Saint Simon's Island for 10 glorious days.

Ashley and Evie joined us for the beginning of the trip and Graham followed suit a few days later.
You see, Ashley and Graham (my cousin) have been together F-O-R-E-V-E-R
Which means Ashley and I have been joined at the hip many a year.
We have made it our mission to force our sweet little girls into a lifelong friendship...j/k...sort of...not really.
It was a wonderful week of relaxing, rewinding and renewing.

Wouldn't you take 10 days of this?

Best beach buddy ever!

Aren't they the sweetest girls?
Ice cream dates, spa night, and snuggling on the couch....these are the things friendship is made of.

One of my 2012 goals was to learn to shoot on manual.
I have a ways to go but with such a fun subject it is a joy to learn.

Mark loves history so on one of the cooler (read: freeze your rear off) days, we headed to Fort King George in Darien. I got some precious pics of B in the Easter outfit I made for her.

Sleepy head egg hunt before church!

Get ready for Easter picture overload....





And now it is back to reality....
-grocery lists and meal plans
-came home to a messed up freezer and cleaned out a snowstorm worth of icicles
-physical therapy for me and swim lessons for B early tomorrow morning
-working 4 nights between now and next monday

Tuesday: Smoked Sausage, Corn Cobbs, and Roasted Broccoli
Wednesday: Oven Fried Chicken Fingers, Baked French Fries, and Tossed Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette
Thursday (Work Night): Leftovers
Friday (Work Night): Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Tomato Soup, and Fresh Fruit
Saturday (Work Night): Honey Mustard Pork Chops, Veggie Rice Pilaf, and Baked Pineapple
Sunday: Leftovers

What did you do on YOUR Spring Break?

I want to hear from YOU! What recipes, tutorials or projects would you like to see  next week?

Ever have questions or want to request a recipe or tutorial, comment or email me at deepsouthsweets@gmail.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!


blog signature - 4/2011

5 comments:

  1. So I kinda heart you just a little bit more for writing out your grocery list by hand. I see all these people use excel spreadsheets and I just can't go there. There is something satisfying about writing it by hand. :). Gorgeous pictures! Love the Spanish Moss. And yes, your model is simply perfect. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried to convert to spreadsheets, etc for grocery lists and to-do lists and I just can't make it happen. I guess it is the old-school OCD in me!

      Delete
  2. Love your reference to our fun night of watching hilarious You Tube videos:) So glad we got to hang out with you guys while we were in St. Simons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had to comment that your family is so beautiful! And your pictures are stunning. I can sense the calm and peace (and fun!) you all had during your vacation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ali! I love keeping up with your sweet family on your blog. It is amazing how you never forget certain patients!

      Delete