Monday, April 23, 2012

The Sweet Life: What's on the Menu?

Did y'all have a great weekend?
We had a wonderful but extremely busy weekend.

Friday night, I had a little "date" with my mom to see The Lucky One. We enjoyed dinner here at the house while Mark was at the barn. I cannot wait to share with you the Crock Pot Barbecue Beer Chicken and Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing that we ate. In my mother's words, it was "the best meal she had in a long time" (aren't mothers a bit biased).

Saturday and Sunday we kept our "niece" aka my incredibly talented best friend and cousin's little girl while they shot two amazing weddings. The girls had a blast playing together. Saturday during the day we attended the fundraising carnival that Belle's preschool hosts. It was an absolute blast and it is awesome to see how much they do to raise money for great causes. Saturday evening was the annual Right Steps benefit dinner. Mark has been on the board for quite some time and I had the opportunity this year to speak to the attendees on the need to rebuild the clinic from my perspective of a nurse. I guess we could categorize Saturday as our charity day.

Sunday we listened to a great sermon that really allowed me to self examine whether I am calloused or convertible for Christ. We gathered up the girls and enjoyed a quick lunch at home so Mark could make it to his polo match and then his flight to Chicago. Ended the day with fellowship time with our awesome small group and putting two very silly girls to bed.

Nothing quite like starting Monday morning with physical therapy after 5 hours of sleep...


Monday: Black Bean and Cheese Enchiladas and Tossed Salad (unless my mom can fully convince me to join them out to eat since Mark's return flight isn't until late tonight)
Tuesday: Breakfast for Dinner because it didn't happen last week and I had a very sad Belle.
Wednesday: At-Home Date Night with Mark: Iceberg Wedge Salads, Steaks, Parmesan Truffle Fries and Hot Fudge Pie
Thursday: Clean out the fridge...leftovers
Friday & Saturday: Out in Birmingham
Sunday: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Tomato Soup

Monday: Weekly Menu
Tuesday: Oven Baked Fries (I am so sorry these didn't get posted last week)
Wednesday: Deep South DIY: My Favorite Sewing Project Thus Far
Thursday: Crock Pot Barbecue Beer Chicken

I want to hear from YOU! What recipes, tutorials or projects would you like to see  next week?

Ever have questions or want to request a recipe or tutorial, comment or email me at deepsouthsweets@gmail.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!


blog signature - 4/2011

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you are going to write about your story on Friday! I have a million ideas in my head of what I want to write about this week, but haven't gotten anything actually written yet. Where to start?!! I guess something is better than nothing, anyways.

    ReplyDelete