If this pie were on a dating site it would read: dependable, simple, delicious and great in group situations. Seriously, dating a pie would be way less complicated! I always try to have the ingredients for this pie in the pantry and fridge/freezer. That way, if I need to take dinner to someone they can have an awesome dessert, or if a friend has had a bad day, week, month year, you can deliver this chocolaty goodness to brighten their mood.
- 1 small can of evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons of cocoa powder (I love to switch it up and use dark chocolate cocoa powder from time to time)
- 1/2 stick of butter or margarine (do not melt - I will actually allow margarine if absolutely necessary - margarine will hold together better while butter will be a little gooier consistency)
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pie crust (deep dish will help keep the ingredients in the shell instead of on your floor as you transfer it to the oven)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients in blender.
- Pour into an unbaked pie shell (you don't even have to thaw the shell)
- Bake for 45 minutes.
This pie is best if made a day ahead and allowed to set. Wonderful with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.