Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Deep South Eats: Lemon Crinkles

After baking seven pans of cinnamon rolls last night to gift to neighbors and friends, I am definitely in the holiday spirit. Last week, my precious little nut had her Christmas program at school. Each parent was asked to bring in a dozen cookies (which if you ask me a dozen times 16 kids is a lot of cookies). I needed something quick and easy. I remembered a wonderful lemon cookie my friend Melodye had at her son's first birthday party. When she informed me how simple the recipe was, I knew it was the cookie for me!


Ingredients:
  • 1 box of lemon cake mix
  • 1 8-ounce tub of cool whip
  • 1 egg
  • Confectioner's sugar
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 and prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or baking spray (really if you haven't started using parchment now is the time to do it).
  • Mix together cake mix, cool whip and egg until well blended. Dough will be very thick and sticky.
  • Drop by teaspoonfuls into a small bowl of powdered sugar and roll to coat.
  • Place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes and allow to cool on baking rack.
Think of all the possibilities...strawberry cake mix, chocolate cake mix, funfetti cake mix...


I even rolled some in raw sugar for a more crunchy texture.

Ever have cooking questions or want to request a recipe, comment or email me at deepsouthsweets@gmail.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!


blog signature - 4/2011

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, how did you like the ones you rolled in the raw sugar? I think I'd like those! The first time Melodye made these it was with a carrot cake mix. Perfect for fall! Let me know about the sugar:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joni, I really liked the ones in raw sugar because they had a nice crunch to balance the softness of the cookies. They definitely were not as pretty as the confectioner's sugar.

    ReplyDelete