Friday, December 2, 2011

Deep South DIY: The Allie Dress

I have been "sewing" for about 3 years.
I have kept to mostly simple, straight-line sewing, but recently have been ready to expand my horizons to more complex products.


I found this adorable pattern for The Allie Dress over at Sew Sweet Patterns and couldn't wait to try it out!
I had an adorable purple and white polka dot fabric that needed to be used for a little LSU victory dress for my sweet Belle (I know we are a bit crazy here in the South).

It was a very easy pattern to follow and I loved the step-by-step pictures. It probably took a few hours over the course of several nights to complete, but that included lots of stopping to fix my mistakes. I am the typical "learn by doing" kind of person.

* An outtake with Miss Sass*

If you are looking for some beginner sewing patterns, I recommend that you check out Sew Sweet Patterns. 
Note: The people at Sew Sweet Patterns do not know me other than the fact that I buy their patterns. I have no benefit from recommending them to you except the personal satisfaction of knowing you are making precious clothes for your kids!

What are you DIY'ing this week?

Don't forget to enter the GIVEAWAY for Jesus Calling! It ends TONIGHT at 8pm EST. Winner announced tomorrow!

blog signature - 4/2011

3 comments: