Thursday, December 15, 2011

Deep South Eats: Slow Cooker Lime Chicken Tacos



I love, love, love my slow cooker. It is one of those kitchen electrics that I think I could not live without in the cooler months. What a convenience it is to be able to throw food in to cook at the beginning of the day, and by the end of the day you have a fabulous no-fuss meal. I really try to utilize my slow cooker one day a week and plan it around days I know I am going to be busy.


These Lime Chicken Tacos were such a wonderful slow cooker meal. I made a few adjustments to the cooking and was pleased with the overall result. I loved the flavor of the tangy lime with the spicy salsa. You can use the chicken in tacos, quesadillas, and even salads. We served the tacos alongside black beans and spanish rice.


Ingredients:

  • 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 4 Tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 Tablespoon chili powder
  • Kosher salt
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 1 cup chunky salsa, you will get more flavor using a medium to hot salsa over mild
  • Tortillas, warmed
  • Sour cream, lettuce, tomato, cheese and other various toppings
Directions:
  • Place chicken in slow cooker. 
  • Combine lime juice and chili powder and pour over chicken. Sprinkle chicken generously with kosher salt.
  • Cover slow cooker and cook for 5-6 hours on LOW or until chicken is fork-tender.
  • Remove chicken and cool slightly. Shred meat using two forks and return to slow cooker.
  • Stir in corn and salsa, cover and allow to heat for 30 minutes.
  • Serve in tortillas with desired toppings.
Original Recipe from Taste of Home.

Don't forget about the GIVEAWAY ending this Sunday at 8pm EST.

Ever have cooking questions or want to request a recipe, comment or email me at deepsouthsweets@gmail.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!


blog signature - 4/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment