Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Years from Deep South Sweets


Happy New Year from my family to yours.
I hope the holidays were good to all of you.
That you found joy and meaning in your celebrations.

We rang in the New Year with shots of our friends.....


We have since added some Amoxicillin for the little nut and some Penicillin for this girl.

I thought I would take a moment
(before my fever gets hot and heavy and not in a good way)
and share my 2012 goals with you all.


*Personal*
Put and end to mindless snacking - one of my worst habits ever - I need to stop and think about what and why I am eating.
Set aside one hour of exercise 3 to 4 days a week
Go to bed 30 minutes earlier so I may wake up 30 minutes before Belle and have some personal, devotional time.

*Family*
Memorize one scripture a month with Belle. I plan to make cute printables so that you guys can memorize along with us.
Hardest Goal: Set my phone aside and only use it for calls while Belle is awake. My phone is addicting and eats away at my quality time.
Be more purposeful in my playtime with Belle...create more organized activities in between free play.
One date night per month with my husband and work to be consciously praiseworthy and uplifting in my words and actions towards him.

*Creative*
Learn to shoot my camera on manual.
Sew one outfit a month for Belle or as a gift.
Make my first quilt: trying to decide between zig-zag and houndstooth.


I am also absolutely in love with this Q & A a Day Journal that carries over for 5 years.
I started it yesterday and look forward to a new question each day.


It asks you questions from deep and meaningful to light and fun. 
Example questions:
Can people change?
What are you reading right now?

It will be so interesting to look back over 5 years and see how my answers have changed.

What are your goals for 2012?

Ever have questions or want to request a recipe or tutorial, comment or email me at deepsouthsweets@gmail.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!


blog signature - 4/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment