If you are looking for something fun to make with your little ones. this is your recipe. If you are looking for something quick to whip up as a gift to a neighbor, this is your recipe. This recipe for Candy Cane Crunch or Reindeer Feed as it is often called is only 3 ingredients and very easy. I hope you add this simple addition to your holiday baking line-up...it will not disappoint.
- 6 cups rice chex cereal
- 1 bag white chocolate baking chips
- 1/3 cup crushed candy canes, approximately 14 mini candy canes crushed
- Place your rice chex in a large bowl and lay a large piece of parchment or wax paper on your counter.
- Melt your white chocolate baking chips in a microwave safe bowl for 30 second intervals on HIGH. Stir between each interval. It will take 1 1/2 to 2 minutes of intervals to achieve smooth, melted white chocolate.
- Pour half of crushed candy canes into melted white chocolate and stir together. Pour over rice cereal and stir well to coat.
- Pour coated cereal onto prepared parchment or wax paper and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining crushed candy canes over the white chocolate coated cereal.
- Allow to harden for at least 30 minutes. Break apart into bite size pieces and enjoy! Store what you don't eat immediately in an airtight container.
Original Recipe found at Utah Deal Diva.