Do you ever feel like you get in a side dish rut? I always feel like I can come up with something for our main dish, but typically just rotate in green beans, steamed broccoli, or a tossed salad for our side dish. While they are all very nutritionally sound, it can get well ... boring and expected.
In my conquest for new and flavorful side dishes, I have come across some real winners that I am so excited to share with you. The two side dishes I am sharing with you this week are common vegetables on our table: broccoli and corn, but these recipes pack a punch of flavor and wow! This recipe for Parmesan Roasted Broccoli (aka The Best Broccoli of Your Life) far exceeded my expectations and rapidly disappeared from our plates! Just to note...we halved the recipe for the 3 of us and ate almost all.
- 4 to 5 pounds of broccoli (2 large bunches), washed, dried VERY well, and chopped into florets
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (in a pinch feel free to use the pre-grated stuff)
- Preheat oven to 425. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with foil.
- Toss broccoli, 4 Tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper and sliced garlic together on baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes shaking the pan halfway through. When roasted the broccoli will be crisp-tender with some of the florets being lightly browned.
- Remove pan from oven and zest lemon over the broccoli. Cut into the lemon and squeeze juice over broccoli. Drizzle remaining Tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle broccoli with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm.
Easy peesy and OH SO good!
Original recipe from Amateur Gourmet.
Ever have cooking questions or want to request a recipe, comment or email me at email@example.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!