I love this recipe because it is incredibly easy and so filling. We were actually able to save half for a meal a week later and it was still excellent. I served it over egg noodles and with a side of fresh roasted broccoli (recipe coming next week). It is one of those foods that you have to sneak back for just a little bit of seconds because it was that good.
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 2 cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (yeah...I spelled that without spell check but then misspelled "spell check" wah wah wah)
- 1/4 cup water (recipe called for 1/2 but my gravy was too runny)
- sprinkle of garlic salt
- 8 oz cream cheese (save this for the end)
- In the slow cooker, combine soup, onion, Worcestershire sauce, water and garlic salt. Mix well. Add stew meat and mix together.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking, cut up cream cheese into cubes and mix into meat mixture. Continue cooking until cream cheese is melted stirring occasionally.
- Serve over egg noodles.
Original recipe at The Crockstar
Ever have cooking questions or want to request a recipe email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!