One of my favorite places to eat breakfast in my city is The Flying Biscuit. I have never been a huge fan of grits, but their Creamy Dreamy Grits are to die for. They are so fluffy and creamy that I could eat them alone for breakfast. I hope you will include them on your menu if you have any family breakfasts coming up this holiday season.
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups quick cooking grits
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- In a saucepan, combine water, half-and-half, salt and white pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Slowly pour grits into boiling mixture while whisking continuously (the mixture is very hot and may splatter).
- Reduce heat to low and continue to whisk often, until thick and completely smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir gently until cheese melts. Whisk again to combine.
- Turn heat off and allow grits to rest 5 minutes.
- Add butter and stir until completely smooth and shiny.
We halved the recipe and had more than enough!
Original recipe from the AJC.
Ever have cooking questions or want to request a recipe, comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!