Have you eaten something new recently that was so simple yet amazingly tasty? This recipe for Baked Parmesan Tomatoes completely "wowed" our family. Even my 3-year old asked for seconds. I am so excited to have a new side dish in my repertoire that is not green beans or broccoli (I mean greens are great but every now and then you need variety).
If you have picky eaters in your family I would recommend pushing the seedy goo out aka: seeding your tomatoes before baking them. Also, with tomatoes being out of season now I think that buying the tomatoes on the vine at your grocery guarantees the best results.
- 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally (cut the top off of them and then half them horizontally giving you one thick slice and a thick "bottom" portion)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up and place tomatoes cut side up on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle tomatoes evenly with Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until tender and slightly "blistery".
What new recipes have you tried this week?