Friday, March 18, 2011

Deep South Home: To Sit or Set

I have been searching over the last few months to find some bedside tables for the guest room. Problem is I just kind find what I want within the amount of money I would like to spend. After doing some searching I came across this picture and was completely inspired!

I have had two older chairs in my breakfast nook that we use for extra seating and are in desperate need of a paint and furniture recovering job. This will allow not only a cheap bedside table, but also a chair for me to use at my desk in the room. I bought this Krylon Smoke Gray spray paint that looks like this color:

                                                         
Not quite as black as it appears in the picture but more a smoky, mushroom gray. I plan to upholster the seats in the same marine blue microfiber in order to let the gray chair be the stand out and not the fabric. Hopefully we can get two of these reading lights to come off the side of the bed and spray the metal to make it a little bit more oil-rubbed bronze than shiny nickle.
                                           Ă…RSTID Wall lamp white Depth: 15 " Shade diameter: 6 " Cord length: 8 ' 2 "  Depth: 38 cm Shade diameter: 16 cm Cord length: 2.5 m

What do you think? Do you love it or hate it? Any ideas that you would do differently? I can't wait to knock it out and share a finished picture with you.

Need something to fix for Sunday lunch that will feed the masses? Check out the Meaty Baked Ziti and be awed by the magic.

Premier Prints Zig Zag Village Blue-4

No comments:

Post a Comment