This week I expanded my ice cream making horizons to include frozen yogurt. All I can say is wow! I am sure my waistline is not saying wow (get a grip waistline...it is fat-free). I started my attempts by combining a few recipes to get a cake batter flavor as my little but and I cannot get enough of cake batter flavors. It was...AWESOME. I cannot wait to try some more flavors like brownie batter, oatmeal cookie, lemonade, and on and on and on.
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 cups fat free half and half (tested with the Land o' Lakes brand)
- 1 cup fat free plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 - 1 cup of yellow cake mix, sifted if possible
- sprinkles, brownie bites, candy, etc. for stirring in
- Combine milk, half and half, plain yogurt, sugar, and cake mix (start with 1/2 cup) in a blender. Blend until well combined.
- Taste batter (there is nothing raw) to see if you would like more cake batter flavor.
- Set blended batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Add in stir-ins during the last 2 minutes of freezing.
- Transfer to freezer safe container and freeze until ready to use. It will take on an ice cream texture after it has been in the fridge for a day or two.
What is your favorite frozen yogurt flavor? Who knows, maybe I will try to make it for you!