Monday, July 30, 2012

The Sweet Life: What's on the Menu?

Did you all have a good week last week?
Ours was so busy, but I am slowly coming to accept that life is just busy and I have to make time to slow down.
We had playdates galore, a sweet nephew who suffered a seizure (and is thankfully ok), and then I had my dreaded computer class for our new electronic documentation system at the hospital (how do you spell overwhelmed).

I am three weeks into some fantastic lifestyle changes, and feeling incredibly energized for the first time in years.
After some research of my own regarding my infertility problems/hormone imbalances and the recommendation by another blogger, I have embarked upon the Metabolism Miracle.
I hate the name because it sounds so faddy and typical, but the awesome thing is that this is not a diet but a lifestyle change.
It is learning to address the way my liver and pancreas overwork to metabolize the foods I eat and how that effects the rest of my body.
The good thing for my blog readers is that my family does not metabolize as I do, so you will be seeing many of the same type of recipes as you have in the past.
I am learning to cook to accommodate everyone's needs...primarily cooking meat and vegetable dishes I can eat and not partaking in the starches that my family enjoys and still needs.
If you have ever struggled with losing weight and feel like it is time for some lifestyle changes take a look at Metabolism Miracle.
(there is no benefit for me telling you about this other than trying to help other's achieve a healthy life)

Are you all enjoying the Olympics?
We cannot get enough of them, and Belle is having the best time watching.
I have never heard someone cheer quite as hard for the rowers as she does.
I had fun making this Double Decker Bus Olympic T-Shirt for her.



Monday: French Onion Soup Gratinee with Iceberg Wedge Salad
Tuesday: Taco Salads with Homemade Chipotle Ranch Dressing and Fresh Fruit
Wednesday: Lemon Sherry Chicken with Green Bean Casserole
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Slow Cooker Jambalaya and Rice (sub a side salad for rice)
Saturday: Out to Eat
Sunday: Leftovers/Sandwiches


Instead of telling you all what I am going to post this week, I want to hear from you...
I have these recipes ready to go...
Easy Coconut Pie
Garlic Grilled Tomatoes
Mac and Cheese Bites
Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
Sausage Rotel Quiche
Pan Seared Chicken with Balsamic Cream Sauce with Mushrooms and Onions

You all comment and let me know what you want to see!

What are you guys up to this week?

I want to hear from YOU! What recipes, tutorials or projects would you like to see next week?

Ever have questions or want to request a recipe or tutorial, comment or email me at deepsouthsweets@gmail.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!

blog signature - 4/2011

1 comment:

  1. The recipes all sound good, but I most definitely want to see the chicken with balsamic cream sauce! And the garlic tomatoes, too. LOVE Belle's shirt by the way!

    ReplyDelete