I cannot put a finger on what made this pie a pie. The overall taste was like a brownie but there was just something going on that made it a pie. Served with a scoop of ice cream, and we had the perfect after dinner treat following a long hot day on the beach. I can only hope that your plates are licked clean as quickly as my family devoured this delicious Hot Fudge Pie.
- 1 stick unsalted butter (plus a little extra for greasing)
- 1 1/2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons milk (since it is such a small amount, substitute creamer for a richer flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a glass or ceramic pie plate. 8-inch preferred.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave at 50% power for 30 second intervals until melted. Stir between each interval. Set aside to cool.
- Mix together sugar and beaten eggs until fully incorporated.
- Mix in the butter and chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Add vanilla and milk and stir well.
- Fold in flour, mixing until you no longer see white streaks, taking care not to over beat.
- Bake for 25 minutes in preheated oven.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Original recipe from IslandEAT.
Ever have cooking questions or want to request a recipe, comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!