How many of you all have fun Halloween parties coming up?
My sister-in-law, Michele had a precious party last night for the kids and I needed a quick treat to take to our wonderful hostess.
I pinned some Oreo Treats on Pinterest a while back and knew they would be perfect!
They are just like Rice Krispy Treats only with Oreos.
- 1 regular sized package of Oreos (16 oz)
- 5 cups marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- Butter a square baking dish and cut Parchment paper to fit with a little overlap on two sides. Butter the parchment paper.
- Remove Oreos from package and place in large ziploc bag. Seal tightly and take some anger out by crushing those Oreos. I used a combo of the rolling pin and smooth side of my meat mallet. You could also use a food processor if you are one of those people with no stress in your life.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place marshmallows and butter. Heat for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until puffed up.
- Stir in Oreo crumbs until well combined.
- Press into prepared pan (spray a little Pam on your hands to stop the sticking) and allow to set for at least 10 minutes.
- Cut into bars (I cut for 16 bars).
- Put a few in a bag and tie with cute ribbon for a great Halloween treat.
Original recipe source: Sweet Peas Kitchen