As the fall temperatures continue to drop, there is nothing that sounds better for dinner than a big bowl of soup with corn bread. There are so many recipes out there that are absolutely delicious. When I am looking for a rich, moist corn bread with that extra oomph, I turn to Corn Bread Deluxe from the Puffy Muffin cookbook. Serve it alongside a bowl of chili or even a vegetable plate and you will not be disappointed.
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising cornmeal (yellow or white will work fine)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 2 Tablespoons onion, chopped (can be left out if you have picky eaters in your house)
- 2 eggs, gently whisked together
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- If using a iron skillet, grease and preheat as well. If using any other baking pan, spray with cooking spray to coat the sides and bottom.
- Gently mix all of the ingredients by hand and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Don't forget to check out the Sprinkled with Love Baby Shower post from earlier this week.