Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Deep South Party: Sprinkled with Love Baby Shower

After helping host such a fun, Southern Wedding Shower with my mom I was excited for the next shower on her list. A good friend of our family is expecting a baby girl and we eagerly anticipated showering Lauren and Baby Girl (and Derek of course). When I think of Lauren, I think bold, beautiful and fun. I came across this adorable Sprinkled with Love baby shower at Hostess with the Mostess and knew the modern feel was perfect for Lauren. Using the bright, primary colors Lauren is planning for the baby's nursery gave my mom and I a new take on the Sprinkled with Love theme!

Our idea was solidified after we found these precious invitations from Minted.
Photo courtesy of Minted.com.

The table in the dining room adjacent to the foyer made a place for guests to sign or write a note in the children's book Guess How Much I Love You. With a copy of the invitation on the inside cover this book gives a wonderful memory of a special day. Pictures of Lauren and Derek over the years were fun to peruse.



Simple, primary colored hearts were cut out and threaded together to make a banner in the living room.

I know it is "pre-food" but this is the only picture I took of the balloon centerpiece. Imagine a cake stand full of decadent, red velvet cupcakes "sprinkled" with red crystal sprinkles. I love the way the heart bunting turned out in the background. I even saved it to pull out for Valentine's decorations.

Popcorn from Heavenly Gourmet Popcorn "sprinkled" with White Cheddar, Dill Pickle and Jalapeno Ranch flavoring.

Pigs-in-a-blanket "sprinkled" with cheddar cheese.

Vanilla cupcakes with caramel frosting and sprinkles...of course.

Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream.

The lemon bars "sprinkled" with powdered sugar were disappearing. I have never had to refill a platter so many times!

Lemonade "sprinkled" with strawberries and ice water.

The glowing mom-to-be, Lauren and her beautiful mother, Susan.
How blessed is this baby girl to be joining such a wonderful group of women?
Lauren's mother-in-law, mother, Lauren and grandmother.

Thank you Lauren for letting us share such a special day with you!

blog signature - 4/2011

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the pictures--I'm so sorry I missed it--baby Asher should have waited another day to be born :-)

    ReplyDelete