Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Winner is...

Wow! These were three amazing entries for the challenge. Each would pair excellently with the onion rice. It definitely came down to what was the easiest/quickest to make for a weeknight meal and what had the overall best flavor.

Was the winner....

 Polynesian Pork Chops
with Sesame Noodles and Steamed Broccoli

or

 London Broil with Bearnaise Sauce
with Risotto and Roasted Lemon Green Beans

or 

 Breaded Chicken Cutlets
with Spinach Salad and Sugared Raspberries

***Remember the side dishes had nothing to do with the judging***

The Winner is...

Polynesian Pork Chops by Erin Howell
(recipe to be featured tomorrow)

Your Prize!
Southern Living 1,001 Ways to Cook Southern: The Ultimate Treasury of Southern Classics

It was  a very close contest but these were so quick and easy to make. My family loved them and the flavor was excellent. The only thing I would do different next time is to add a little sugar to the marinade when it came time for boiling.

Erin please email me at rreiboldt@gmail.com to let me know if you want me to bring you the cookbook or have it mailed to you home. Kim and Lauren, please look through this link: http://www.tinyprints.com/shop/custom-gift-tags-stickers.htm
and email me at rreiboldt@gmail.com with your selection and address so I may get these adorable gift tags to your house before Christmas.

This picture is just to prove that my little nut is such an amazing eater. She eats whatever we eat sesame noodles and all! I meant to get a picture of her plate to prove she actually eats it, but it was washed before I could get the camera back out. Amazingly she told me the broccoli was her favorite and has asked for it for lunch today.

with Belles and Beauxs

No comments:

Post a Comment