- 1 16-ounce package of spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef (choose the leanest you can to cut down on fat and greasiness)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 26-ounce jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (I always resort to Lawry's)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese (I used low-fat and had great results)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink, drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoning salt allow to heat through over low heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add in Parmesan cheese and butter and whisk together.
- Drain spaghetti and add to egg mixture, tossing to coat.
- Place half of spaghetti-egg mixture in a lightly greased 9 x 13 casserole dish. Top with half of cottage cheese followed by half of the meat sauce and half the mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers in the same order.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Original Recipe from AllRecipes.com
Ever have cooking questions or want to request a recipe, comment or email me at email@example.com. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!