- 5 pounds of potatoes for mashing (I used reds because that was what was in the pantry that day)
- 1 teaspoon of salt for the water
- 1 5-ounce can of evaporated milk
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt for the potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced (optional)
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into slices or large cubes.
- Fill a stockpot with enough water to just cover the tops of the potatoes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Add the potatoes to the salted water and bring to a boil.
- Boil gently for about 30 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain the potatoes and add the remaining ingredients. If using garlic, melt the margarine over medium heat and saute the garlic until lightly browned...then add the garlic and margarine to the potatoes.
- Mix well with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
Hey...I never said they were healthy...enjoy!
Recipe source: Southern Plate.com