Who doesn't like something that can falls in the mix n' match category? This casserole is super easy and quick. I love to throw it together for breakfast when company is over, Saturday morning brunch and even breakfast for dinner kind of nights. I made it this past weekend at the beach (hence the awkward fish plates), and forgot until last minute to get a picture.
- 1 package of crescent rolls
- 1 package of sausage links cooked and chopped (may be substituted with bacon, ham, Canadian bacon, ground sausage, etc)
- 2 cups of grated cheese (I like to mix it up with cheddar, swiss, colby jack etc based on what kind of meat I include)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of a 13x9 inch casserole dish with rolls length wise and press to seal the edges.
- Place cooked breakfast meat of choice on top of rolls.
- Cover with cheese.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper together and pour over all. If you don't feel like the egg mixture is evenly distributed you can very gently angle your casserole dish in different directions to evenly distribute.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings.
- This cannot be prepared ahead, but the prep time is around 15 minutes.
The mix n' match comes in when you mix and match the meat and cheese (just a note for the confused). I prefer ham and swiss or sausage and cheddar, but have fun with the combinations!
with Belles and Beauxs