Thursday, January 27, 2011

Deep South Eats: Angel Chicken Pasta


Well after a recipe that completely bombed last night (in my opinion although my little nut ate EVERY single bite) I decided I need to feature a house standard recipe. This stuff is fool-proof. I have yet to hear of anyone bombing this recipe. I have been making it since I was 18 and it is delicious! I think it is a great recipe to serve for company because it makes a good quantity, is filling, and has a good presentation. Serve it with salad and some crusty french bread, and you will have an excellent meal. I know that many of my readers already know and cook this recipe, but for those of you who don't I feel the need to enlighten you.

Ingredients:

  • 6 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves (I traditionally buy the tenderloins as it helps with portion control and makes leftovers easier)
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 (.7 oz) package of dry Italian-style salad dressing mix (think Good Seasons)
  • 1/2 cup of white wine
  • 1 (10.75 oz) can of Golden Mushroom soup
  • 4 oz cream cheese with chives (half a tub)
  • 1 pound of angel hair pasta

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
  • In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
  • Stir in dressing mix until well combined.
  • Blend in wine and soup.
  • Mix in cream cheese and stir until smooth.
  • Heat through but do not boil.
  • Arrange chicken in a single layer in a 9x13 casserole dish and pour sauce over.
  • Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
  • Twenty minutes before chicken will be done heat a large pot of salted water to a boil.
  • Cook pasta to al dente, about 5 minutes.
  • Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.
I also think this would be good to chop up some sun dried tomatoes and mix in with the sauce.

Original recipe from All Recipes.

with Belles and Beauxs

2 comments:

  1. Sounds really yummy! Will have to try, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You keep giving me all these good recipes to try! Thanks, Rach.

    ReplyDelete