Please excuse the picture of soup in Tupperware, but I took it as I was packing my dinner for work - just keeping it real folks!
- 1 1/2 pounds of fresh broccoli
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb. Velveeta (I used the 2% milk version and it was just as good)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- Steam broccoli until tender. I prefer mine crispier.
- Mix half-and-half and 2 cups of water in double boiler in top of double boiler. Okay lets be serious...my double boiler will in no way handle all this soup...so I rocked an old stock pot and stirred VERY frequently to prevent sticking.
- Add cheese, salt, and pepper and allow cheese to melt. Cutting your cheese into cubes will provide quicker even melting.
- Add the broccoli.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water in small bowl, and stir into cheese mixture.
- Heat through stirring super frequently until soup thickens. Watch closely because it will quicken...quickly.
This is great served with crusty french rolls and apple slices. Even the little nut loves this soup!
Recipe adapted from: http://www.recipesource.com/soups/soups/03/rec0376.html