Friday, October 8, 2010

Deep South Home: October Projects

I begin with a semi-heartfelt apology for the blog silence the last week. My peanut was sick with a high fever to start our week off and I just never regained my footing. I know you all have missed me sooooo much. The 500 pieces of fan mail were a good indication that I needed to blog blog again (you know like try try again - and j/k about the fan mail I only got 100 pieces - no seriously...none).

This weeks meal plan round here was B-O-R-I-N-G with the exception of my taco soup. I will try to post that recipe tomorrow because it makes for a great SEC football watching meal. This week I have been compiling projects that I want to finish before the end of October.

1. The Peanut's Halloween Costume
This year the nut is going to be a cupcake. I saw a picture last year and just knew that one day the nut would be fully enveloped in this costume (best way to describe it based on the picture). I didn't push my choice on the nut, but gave her a few choices and she was set on being a cupcake. I am making a few changes from the original such as the base pink felt that is accordion folded. The frosting is going to "banilla" as the nut says, otherwise known as white, and the sprinkles are going to be glittery pink. I am going to top off the costume with a beanie hat died red and a stem to boot for a cherry on top!

2. Trick or Treat Mantle Banner
This is pretty self explanatory and check out this web page for a how-to: http://thecraftingchicks.com/2010/09/diy-trick-or-treat-banner-mantel-decor.html

3. Pumpkin Tie-Dye T-Shirt
 I know the nut will look absolutely precious in this shirt on wear orange day next week at school. Check out Family Fun magazine and website for the how-to: http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/pumpkin-shirt-674600/

4. Elastic Waist Skirts for me and the nut
I bought the most precious fabric for these skirts and cannot wait to see how cute they look with a long sleeve shirt and tights!

5. Chalkboard Labels and Chalkboard Glasses
I have had all the supplies for these bad boys for quite some time. They are screaming at me from the depths of the craft room to just go ahead and make them already. So I will take heed of their calling and go forth and create.
 http://www.bedifferentactnormal.com/2009/01/chalkboard-labels.html




Hope that you have maybe found a little inspiration and some great projects to check out. In the words of my craft supplies - go forth and create! If you do make any of the projects please post on your blog and comment with the link. I would love to see them!

with Belles and Beauxs

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I cannot wait to see B in the cupcake costume!!!

    I'm going to send my future children to you for all their crafty needs, seeing as I have not a creative bone in my body for any of that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the link!! i LOVE YOUR BLOG!! this is soo, soo cute and so helpful! you are so cute!

    ReplyDelete