The best part about this recipe is that you can whip it up in no time, and children of all ages will be drawn to the fact that their is pasta in their soup. The addition of the sun dried tomatoes helps the overall flavor of the soup to be rich along with the smooth creaminess of the half-n-half. Serve this up with a quick tossed salad and you have a quick and delicious weeknight meal!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounce) condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups half-n-half
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese filled tortellini
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Saute garlic until golden brown, watching it closely to prevent burning.
- Add tomato soup, sun dried tomatoes, half-n-half, chicken stock, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add in the tortellini to the tomato base and allow to cook according to package directions, approximately 8 to 9 minutes.
- Once tortellini is fully cooked, serve warm in bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Original recipe from Tasty Kitchen (I have made a few alterations).
Ever have questions or want to request a recipe or tutorial, comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!