What happens when you combine a sweet, caramel sauce with salty, crunchy Fritos? Pure amazingness. Like mind-blowing goodness in each bite. I could hardly wait for it to cool on the counter and was willing to risk burning my tongue to taste. It was quite a hit at the party with only a few measly crumbs in the bottom of the bowl. My mom is already begging for the recipe for our family cookbook. I am not sure that you all will truly appreciate me for sharing this as it is addictive and so incredibly "healthy"...haha.
- 1 (10.5 ounce) bag of Fritos
- 2 cups rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups pretzel snaps or twists
- 1 1/2 cup nuts of choice (I did pecans and they were perfect for the overall flavor)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup mini M&Ms (these will be found on the candy aisle in a blue bag)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large baking pan, combine Fritos, Chex, pretzels, and nuts. Set to the side.
- In a small saucepan, melt the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup over medium heat. Let the mixture come to a gentle boil and boil for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Remove the pan from heat and pour mixture evenly over Frito mixture in baking pan. Use a spatula to stir to coat the Frito mixture evenly.
- Bake in oven for 8 minutes, stir mixture, and return to oven for another 8 minutes. While baking, line an area of your counters in wax paper.
- Remove from the oven and pour the mixture evenly on prepared wax paper.
- Allow the mixture to cool. Sprinkle M&Ms over the cooled mixture and break into bite-size pieces.
- May be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
Original recipe from Shelley at Cookies and Cups.
Ever have questions or want to request a recipe or tutorial, comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit Deep South Sweets on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest!