After my homemade Chipotle Ranch, I have fully grasped making the majority of my salad dressings. There are just so many better options and flavors to crafting dressing yourself rather than buying it at the store. I just love the taste of super fresh ingredients and the overall crispness. This Ranch Dressing is no exception.
It is excellent over a super crisp salad with lots of fresh summer vegetables or great for dipping chicken or veggies. I don't think I can ever venture to buy the opposite of "found mountain" (you know the green and blue bottled stuff) after having this amazing ranch touch my taste buds.
- 3/4 cup of light mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup of light sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 - 1 cup of buttermilk (see buttermilk directions below recipe)
- 1 small bunch of chives
- small handful of parsley (fresh or dried - I used dried and it turned out fine)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor, starting with 1/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Check the consistency and taste and add buttermilk as needed.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Making your own buttermilk.
Original recipe from Annie's Eats.
- Using a 1 cup measuring cup, add 1 Tablespoon of white vinegar to the measuring cup.
- Pour milk (preferably whole but I have also used 1%) in with vinegar until the liquid reaches the 1 cup measure.
- Allow to sit on the counter 5 -10 minutes and use as needed.
- You will NEVER have to buy buttermilk again.